The International Crane Foundation (ICF) is looking for a detail-oriented team member to join our finance department. Over the past 40 years, ICF has grown from the dream of two college students to a world-renowned conservation effort to save the world’s cranes and the flyways and habitats they frequent. Our new Accounting/Payroll Associate will assist in maintaining best practices in our accounting systems and payroll practices.
What is it like to work at ICF? Prepare to be surrounded by people who are passionate for our mission, dedicated to the organization, and engaged with their fellow staff and associates. You will find dedication in all levels of the organization from staff and volunteers to our dedicated Board Members. You will play a critical role in fulfilling our mission across the U.S. and 55 countries around the world. The salary range for this position is $44,000 to $50,000, plus a nice benefit package. This position fits well into our hybrid work plan.
The Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist supports the mission of the International Crane Foundation (ICF) by providing daily operations of ICF’s financial transactions, including accounts receivable and payable, payroll, bank deposits, reconciling accounts, prepare journal entries, etc. The incumbent also provides accounting information to other ICF personnel as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position performs these duties on a regular basis. Actual day-to-day assignments may differ.
· Process donor contributions while working closely with Development staff to ensure gifts are properly attributed as per donor wishes.
· Process daily Gift Shop deposits during visitor season (April – October). Run reports and provide support to ensure sales are accounted for properly. Prepare and file sales tax return and submit payment.
· Processes expense reports using SAP Concur software. Offer support to employees with expense report questions and comply with processing timeline.
· Process payroll. Maintain data in ADP payroll system, including adding new employees, terminating employees, updating wage and benefits along with processing 401(K) withholdings. Provide payroll, timekeeping and benefit premium information to Human Resource Manager as requested.
· Reconcile bank accounts. Monitor bank accounts for incoming and outgoing funds.
· Process Accounts Payable, both ACH and check form. Help manage vendor set up. Track and route invoices to ensure timely payment to vendors. Track open purchase orders.
· Prepare month-end standard journal entries and adjusting entries as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare yearly 1099’s to vendors
· Maintain, record, reconcile and replenish petty cash as needed.
· Adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
· Assist with the annual audit preparation and Form 990 by providing requested information.
· Other duties as assigned
· Associate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent experience.
· Experience with A/P and/or Payroll
· Experience with financial accounting software.
· Experience utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Experience with ADP payroll and timekeeping software.
· Experience with Sage/MIP software.
· Nonprofit experience
· Experience using SAP Concur
· Ability to preserve and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality with poise, tact, and diplomacy Experience handling multiple demands simultaneously by organizing, prioritizing competing deadlines, and completing work accurately and timely.
· Verbal communication skills, including communicating effectively and persuasively with individuals by listening effectively and answering questions effectively and appropriately.
· Identify problems; collect, organize, and analyze information, and make appropriate decisions or recommendations within defined scope of responsibilities.
· Attentive to detail and thoroughness, using intuition and experience.
· Work as a constructive member of the ICF team, including the free sharing of information and technical expertise as needed.
· Self-driven, works independently, efficient at managing own time, works well without constant supervision.
· Quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work duties, processes, and technologies.
Physical Abilities and Work Environment:
The physical abilities and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to operate computer and phones.
· Ability to communicate with fellow staff, visitors, and donors. Communication will include both one to one communication, small, and large group communication. Communications need to be in English. Communication means both written and oral communication.
· Ability to work at workstation for 5-7 hours a day.
· The ability to attend meetings held throughout campus.
· Occasionally required to lift and move items up to 20 pounds.
The work environment includes office work. The office environment is clean and climate controlled.
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please list subject: Accounting/Payroll Specialist.
“ICF is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We hire great people.”
ICF is an equal opportunity employer.
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.