The Parasites & Plastic Ecology Lab at Frostburg State University is accepting applicant inquiries to fill a Graduate Assistant position in the Department of Biology. For program information and requirements, see FSU website here. The successful applicant will enroll in our M.S. program in Applied Ecology & Conservation Biology with research & teaching expectations. This fully-funded position will assess parasite communities in waterbirds that interact with food webs in & around marine fisheries. Compensation includes a teaching assistantship that provides a stipend & tuition waiver and supplemental funds & paid travel for collaborative research opportunities. Interviews for promising candidates will occur in late August.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send an email to Dr. Kate Sheehan (KLSheehan@frostburg.edu) explaining: 1) Your qualifications and interests in the field as they relate to parasitology and/or disease ecology;
2) Your long-term professional goals;
3) Provide the numeric and percentile (%) GRE score in the email body – no applicants will be considered without test scores;
4) Attach a CV outlining your achievements; and
5) A copy of your unofficial transcripts.
*Messages without all 5 components mentioned above will not be retained or considered. Applications sent directly to the Admissions office without prior vetting by Dr. Sheehan will not be considered.
**Underrepresented groups in the fields of ecology, conservation, and natural resources are particularly encouraged to apply & all qualified individuals submitting complete application correspondences before 22 Aug 2022 to KLSheehan@frostburg.edu will be considered.
- B.S. in Biology or related discipline before 01/01/2023. Confirmation of graduation status is acceptable.
- Enthusiasm & motivation to perform independent & team research in a laboratory setting.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with an ability to improve on these skills further.
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.