The Ecological data analyst/manager will work in the Peery lab group on UW-Madison campus in the department of Forest and Wildlife Ecology and will be responsible for managing 100s of TB of acoustic data collected from autonomous recording units that form the backbone of numerous high-profile research projects across the state of California. They will work with other staff and graduate students to process those data and perform ecological data analyses to inform ongoing research that critically influences management decisions in the state of California. They will also contribute to science dissemination in the form of report and manuscript writing and presentations to stakeholders. Ideally, they would also have experience in creating web applications to assist in communicating the results from some of those projects and analyses through interactive maps and other web-based multimedia and apps.
The UW-Madison College of Agricultural and Life Sciences is committed to maintaining and growing a culture that embraces diversity, inclusion, and equity, believing that these values are foundational elements of our excellence and fundamental components of a positive and enriching learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff.
Master's Degree required in environmental science, computer science, or a related field.
- 2 years prior experience working in database management
- Demonstrated fluency in reading and writing code in the R programming language
- Experience with big data in both managing data and optimizing workflows and data storage
- Demonstrated experience with environmental science and ecological data analyses
- Familiarity or interest in acoustic data and acoustic data processing in an ecological framework
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to work efficiently as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience with web app design and interest in scientific communication
- Experience writing scientific publications
Please see the link to the job ad for more information and instructions on how to apply: https://jobs.wisc.edu/jobs/ecological-data-analyst-manager-madison-wisconsin-united-states