Ornithology Exchange
  • Assistant/Associate Professor Wildlife Management

Melanie Colón
    • Employer: Sam Houston State University
      Last Date to Apply: No value
      Open Until Filled: No

Forwarded message:

All,

My name is Kyle Stutts and I am an associate professor of animal science at Sam Houston State University.  Our Department of Agricultural Sciences offers a minor in Wildlife Management and we are currently looking to fill an Assistant/Associate Professor position that will focus on teaching our wildlife management courses.  The courses we have in place include Principles of Wildlife Management, Habitat and Pond Management, Game Animal Production, and Upland Game Bird Management,  however, the successful applicant will be able to create courses of their own choosing and interest as well. Our program is different from the traditional wildlife programs as it is geared towards preparing students for careers in intensively managed wildlife operations, but our students need a foundation in traditional wildlife coursework as well and that is what we hope the successful candidate can provide to our students. 

You may be aware that we have conducted this search in the past, but for various personal reasons, the candidates we have selected have not been able to take the position.  We have opened the position again and we have a very short timeline to complete our search.  We plan to begin conducting Skype interviews by the end of the week or the first of next week.  So, if you or anyone you know has any interest at all, please let me know and have them submit their application and CV as soon as possible.  Recommendation letters can come later. 

Below is a link to the position announcement and directions for applying.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.  My office number is below in my signature and you are welcome to contact me on my cell as well.  This may be the better option as I will be in and out of the office this week.  Please share this information with anyone you believe may have interest.

Thank you for your help,

KJS

Cell – 979-777-6064

https://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/21850

Kyle J. Stutts, Ph.D, PAS

Sam Houston State University

Department of Agricultural Sciences

Box 2088

Huntsville, TX 77341-2088

936-294-1219 office

936-294-1232 fax

Edited by Melanie Colón