The Rockefeller State Wildlife Scholarship is a competitive scholarship that awards $2000 annually for an undergraduate student and $3,000 annually to a graduate student pursuing a degree in forestry, wildlife or marine science at a Louisiana Public College or University. The cumulative maximum award is $12,000 for up to three years of undergraduate study and two years of graduate study.
Standard Eligibility Requirements
- Be a U.S. citizen or national or eligible non-citizen and be registered with Selective Service if required
- Be a Louisiana resident for at least one year prior to July 1st of the scholarship award year
- Complete and submit such documentary evidence as required by LASFAC
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student in a Louisiana Public College or University majoring in forestry, wildlife or marine science with the intent of obtaining a degree in that field. Undergraduate students must have earned at least 60 hours of college credit and have at least a 2.50 cumulative college GPA.
- As a graduate student have at least a 3.00 cumulative college GPA on all credits earned in graduate school
- Have received the scholarship for not more than five academic years (three undergraduate and two graduate)
- By the end of the academic year (spring term), have earned at least 24 hours of earned credits during the fall, winter and spring terms at a school defining 12 semester or eight quarter hours as the minimum for full-time undergraduate status, or earn at least 18 hours total credit during the fall, winter and spring terms at a school defining nine semester hours as a minimum for full-time graduate status; and
- Achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 as an undergraduate student at the end of each academic year or achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00 as a graduate student at the end of each academic year; and
- Maintain continuous enrollment as a full-time student unless granted an exception by LOSFA; and
- Continue to pursue a course of study leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree in wildlife, forestry or marine science
How to Apply
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid no later than July 1st and
2. Complete the Rockefeller State Wildlife Scholarship Application so that it is received by LOSFA no later than July 1 immediately before the academic year you wish to be considered. If your Application is not received by the July 1 deadline, but is received by December 1, you may be eligible for the next spring semester, if funds are available.
3. If unable to download the Rockefeller State Wildlife Scholarship Application from the above link, then Contact LOSFA:
Write LOSFA at:
P.O. Box 91202
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-9202