Ornithology Exchange (brought to you by the Ornithological Council)

Extraction and Bird Banding Workshop

Spring Extraction/Banding Workshop: Wednesday, May 13 - Sunday, May 17, 2020

The workshop will begin before dawn on Wednesday (5/13) and end Sunday (5/17) at noon. Participants should plan to arrive Tuesday as we may have an introductory lecture that evening. The majority of time will be spend in the field with live birds, however these sessions will be complemented with some afternoon or evening presentations. This workshop is an excellent primer for NABC (North American Banding Council certifications as we will cover banding ethics, banding methodology, molt terminology, and use of the Pyle Guide. The focus of this workshop is to hone handling songbirds, extracting birds from mist nets, and banding skills, but we will also cover the other topics mentioned above, and is appropriate for beginner- to intermediate-level banders. The cost is $750/person and on site lodging (with kitchen) and breakfast is included. Space is limited, therefore priority will be given to those with opportunities to continue to utilize the skills we teach through work or volunteering. This workshop will be NABC-approved.

If you are interested in attending this workshop, please fill out the google form: http://goo.gl/forms/kaQiLhs1aZ

I will begin to send invitations to register in mid-December to early January.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Hope Brady
On 11/7/2019 at 8:41 AM, Annie said:

Spring Extraction/Banding Workshop: Wednesday, May 13 - Sunday, May 17, 2020

The workshop will begin before dawn on Wednesday (5/13) and end Sunday (5/17) at noon. Participants should plan to arrive Tuesday as we may have an introductory lecture that evening. The majority of time will be spend in the field with live birds, however these sessions will be complemented with some afternoon or evening presentations. This workshop is an excellent primer for NABC (North American Banding Council certifications as we will cover banding ethics, banding methodology, molt terminology, and use of the Pyle Guide. The focus of this workshop is to hone handling songbirds, extracting birds from mist nets, and banding skills, but we will also cover the other topics mentioned above, and is appropriate for beginner- to intermediate-level banders. The cost is $750/person and on site lodging (with kitchen) and breakfast is included. Space is limited, therefore priority will be given to those with opportunities to continue to utilize the skills we teach through work or volunteering. This workshop will be NABC-approved.

If you are interested in attending this workshop, please fill out the google form: http://goo.gl/forms/kaQiLhs1aZ

I will begin to send invitations to register in mid-December to early January.

I was not able to open the google form but I’m definitely interested

Archived