Ornithology Exchange (brought to you by the Ornithological Council)

Admin Announcement: RFID forum moving to Groups

Chris Merkord

Recently we started using a new application on OE called Groups. As a result, you now see a Groups tab on the navigation menu above. With this application, users can start their own sub-communities on OE, like this RFID Working Group. Several new groups have already been created, and more are on the way.

• I a now beginning to transition our existing groups to this new app. On Friday February 15 I will pull the trigger and have this forum moved over to the Groups app. Here is what to expect:
  • The forum will be moved from the Forums page to the Groups page.
  • When you click on Groups in the navigation menu, you will see a list of groups, including the new RFID Working Group.
  • When you click on the group, there will be a home page, a members page, and a forum page.
  • The forum page will look just like the current one does. All the past forum topics will be there too.
  • Anybody who is signed up for notifications on the current forum will be added to the new group and your personal notification settings for the forum will be maintained as they currently are.
  • Eli Bridge will be the owner of the group, and the moderator. If anybody else wants to help moderate, talk to Eli.

If anybody has any questions or concerns, please reply to this message or contact me directly.

And if anybody has an I can use as either a logo or a banner for the new group, please send it to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived