||Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund
||United Arab Emirates
||The Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund is a significant philanthropic endowment established to do the following:
The Fund’s reach is truly global, and its species interest is non-discriminatory. It is open to applications for funding support from conservationists based in all parts of the world, and will potentially support projects focused on any and all kinds of plant, animal and fungus species, subject to the approval of an independent evaluation committee.
- Provide targeted grants to individual species conservation initiatives
- Recognize leaders in the field of species conservation; and
- Elevate the importance of species in the broader conservation debate.
In addition, the Fund will recognize leaders in the field of species conservation and scientific research to ensure their important work is given the attention it deserves and to elevate the importance of species in global conservation discourse.
An elevated place for species in the global conservation debate and a thriving global
community of well-resourced species conservationists.
Elevate the importance of species in the conservation debate by:
- Providing timely support for grass-roots initiatives which are making a real difference to species survival
- Supporting those whose passion, dedication and knowledge is the key to saving species, and assisting conservation of species in-situ, that is, in their natural habitat
- Elevating awareness of species conservation and stimulating renewed interest among young people in natural sciences
- Attracting further contributions to species conservation from across the globe.
||Wildlife Research and Conservation
, Jul 15 2013 06:59 PM | Last updated Jul 15 2013 06:59 PM