Birds of the Horn of Africa is the first field guide to the more than 1,000 species of resident, migrant, and vagrant birds found in northeast Africa. Covering Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia, and the Socotra archipelago, this comprehensive, easy-to-use guide features more than 2,600 illustrations on 213 full-color plates, and a color distribution map for every species. Detailed species accounts on facing pages include descriptions of key identification features, similar species, geographical variation, habitat, status, and voice. This field-ready guide also includes a glossary, identification tips, and information about bird habitats. Birds of the Horn of Africa is an essential resource for birders, naturalists, and travelers in the region.
- The first field guide to the birds of northeast Africa
- Covers more than 1,000 species, including all resident, migrant, and vagrant birds
- Features more than 2,600 illustrations on 213 color plates
- Detailed species accounts on facing pages describe key identification features, habitat, status, voice, and more
- Provides a color distribution map for every species