2015 Travel and Presentation Awards
Apply for a travel and/or presentation award for the 2015 Joint Meeting of the AOU and COS
Students may apply for travel awards and presentation awards. Postdocs may apply for travel awards. All awards use the same application form.
Please read the instructions and eligibility requirements listed below before applying. You may view and edit your application after submitting it, until the deadline.
- Applicant must be sole author or lead author of a poster or oral paper presented by the student at the meeting.
- Students may be graduate or undergraduate, must be full-time or have graduated the semester prior to the meeting, must be a member of the AOU or COS at the time of registration.
- Postdocs must be a member of the AOU at the time of registration and generally ineligible for student travel awards (e.g. graduated more than a semester prior to the meeting and presenting).
For presentation awards, students giving 15 minute talks as part of a symposium are eligible. Students giving longer talks as part of a symposium are not eligible.
Students are limited to one presentation award from each AOU or COS.
Decisions: 18 May 2015
We anticipate making travel award decisions by 18 May 2015.
Awards are contingent on acceptance of the scientific abstract by the Scientific Program Committee.
- Make sure you are eligible.
- Click "Start an Application" and fill out the form. You need to be signed in. If you do not have an account, please register. You do NOT have to wait for your account to be validated by a site administrator before creating you application... you can start the moment after you create your account, as long as you are signed in.
- Attach a single pdf file that includes a C.V. (maximum 1 page) and an expanded abstract. The expanded abstract should be a maximum of 500 words and should include objectives, methods, results and significance. Either 1 table or 1 figure is also allowed. References are not considered part of the 500 word limit. NOTE - Failing to follow these instructions may result in an application being deemed ineligible.
- (Postdocs only) Include in your attachment a short paragraph explaining the financial need for the travel award, the professional benefit of attending the AOU/COS meeting, and what type of contributions the applicant has made or is making to AOU (e.g. serving on committees, moderating sessions, planning events.)
- (Students only) Have your academic advisor submit a statement indicating you are in good standing. Your advisor can either submit the statement directly via this webpage or email the statement to Rolf Koford To use the first option, just tell us your advisor‘s Display Name on the Ornithology Exchange and he/she will be able to sign in, see your application, and submit a statement.
For questions about AOU student and postdoc travel awards, contact Matthew Carling.
For questions about COS presentation awards, contact Jill Deppe.
For qeustions about COS travel awards, contact Rolf Koford.
For technical issues, for example creating an account, signing in, submitting an application, uploading attachments, etc., contact Ornithology Exchange co-administrator Chris Merkord.