AOU/COS 2013 Travel and Presentation Award Application
Students may apply for travel awards and presentation awards. Postdocs may apply for travel awards. All awards use the same application form. Please read the instructions and eligibility requirements listed to the right before applying.
To apply for a NAOC-V Student Presentation Award, to edit your application, or to submit a statement for your advisee, please Sign In
If you do not have an account, Register now!
All applicants must also submit a regular scientific abstract through the meeting website by May 3 (oral paper) or May 10 (posters), 2013.
- Make sure you are eligibile (see requirements below).
- Click "Create an application" and fill out the form. You need to be signed in. If you do not have an account, please register. You do NOT have to wait for your account to be validated before creating you application... you can start the moment after you create your account.
- Attach a single pdf, doc, or docx file that includes a C.V. (maximum 1 page) and an expanded abstract (12-point font, maximum 3 pages including references, tables and figures) stating objectives, methods, major results and scientific significance.
- (Postdocs only) Include in your attachment a short paragraph explaining the financial need for the travel award, the professional benefit of attending the AOU/COS meeting, and what type of contributions the applicant has made or is making to AOU (e.g. serving on committees, moderatins sessions, planning events.)
- (Students only) Have your academic advisor submit a statement indicating you are in good standing. Your advisor can either submit the statement directly via this webpage or email the statement to Rebecca Kimball To use the first option, just tell us your advisor‘s Display Name on the Ornithology Exchange and he/she will be able to sign in, see your application, and submit a statement.
- Applicant must be sole author or lead author of a poster or oral paper presented by the student at the meeting.
- Students may be graduate or undergraduate, must be full-time or have graduated the semester prior to the meeting, must be a member of the AOU or COS at the time of registration.
- Postdocs must be a member of the AOU at the time of registration and generally ineligible for student travel awards (e.g. graduated more than a semester prior to the meeting and presenting).
For presentation awards, students cannot be presenting in a symposia (though symposia presenters are eligible for travel awards.) Students are limited to two student travel awards per lifetime from each AOU and COS; students are limited to one presentation awards from each AOU and COS.
We anticipate making travel award decisions by 2 June 2013. Awards are contingent on acceptance of the scientific abstract by the Scientific Program Committee.