This page is a wiki!
Sign in to add to or edit information.
- Journal Site
- Society Page
- Publisher Page
Bringing together significant work on all aspects of the subject, Behavioral Ecology is broad-based and covers both empirical and theoretical approaches. Studies on the whole range of organisms, including plants, invertebrates, vertebrates, and humans, are included.
Behavioral Ecology construes the discipline in its broadest sense to include
- the use of ecological and evolutionary processes to explain the occurrence and adaptive significance of behavior patterns and life history strategies;
- the use of behavioral processes to predict ecological patterns, and
- comparative analyses relating behavior to the environment in which it occurs or investigating the pattern of evolution.
- the mechanisms underpinning costs and benefits of variable behavioural or life history strategies.
- Language: English
- Language for Abstracts: English
- Geographic Scope: International
- Countries Covered: NA
- Type: Journal
- Status: Active
- Years: 1990–present
- Frequency: Six times per year
- Impact factor: 3.216
- OCLC Number:
- LCCN: Search
- Indexed by: