This page is a wiki!
Sign in to add to or edit information.
Publishing Organization:Sociedad de Ornitología Neotropical
The journal covers analytical and descriptive life history studies, biogeographical patterns of distribution, speciation, systematics and taxonomy, and faunistics of birds in the Neotropics.
The journal publishes major papers and short communications.
The journal was started when participants at the 3rd Neotropical Ornithology Congress in Cali, Colombia, 30 November to 4 December 1987, decided to establish an "International Neotropical Ornithological Society", and to publish an international scientific journal under the name "Ornitología Neotropical".
- Language: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Language for Abstracts: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Geographic Scope: International
- Countries Covered: NA
- Type: Journal
- Status: Active
- Years: 1990–present
- Frequency: Four times per year
- Impact factor: 0.271 (2015)
- Open access to some volumes
- Free: vol.1–vol.25 (1990–January 2014)