This page is a wiki!
Sign in to add to or edit information.
Publishing Organization:Društvo za opazovanje in proucevanje ptic Slovenije
- Journal Site
- Society Page
- Publisher Page
Acrocephalus is the scientific journal of the Society for the observation and study of birds of Slovenia, which has been published since 1980. The magazine published original contributions in all fields of ornithology.
Original work on all fields of ornithology, without any geographical limitation, is published in Acrocephalus. However, articles covering the south-eastern European and eastern Mediterranean regions are particularly encouraged. Review articles, original articles, points-of-view, specialist and scientific comments (Editorial, Forum), short communications, short notes ('From the ornithological notebook'), diploma abstracts and book reviews (New books) are considered for publication. Contributions can be published in English or Slovene.
Aims and Scope
Why subscribe and read
- excellent source of ornithological information from the region (SE Europe)
- high quality, peer reviewed papers
- appearing quarterly with up-to-date information
- fair, transparent and quick peer review
- promotion of published articles through various abstracting services
- wide exchange of the journal with the ornithological community worldwide
- regional readership and idea exchange (SE Europe)
- language correction for non-English speaking authors
- various article formats are available suitable for different levels of scientific research (review articles, original articles, points-of-view, specialist and scientific comments, short communications, short notes, diploma abstracts and book reviews)
- Language: English, Slovene
- Geographic Scope: International
- Countries Covered: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of, Montenegro, Palestinian Territory, Occupied, Romania, Serbia, Syrian Arab Republic, Turkey
- Type: Journal
- Status: Active
- Years: 1980–present
- Frequency: Four times per year
- Impact factor: None