Spotted Owl Surveyor
Kingfisher Ecological, Inc.
North Oregon Coast Range
Last Date to Apply:
31 May 2017
Open until filled
Kingfisher Ecological, Inc. is looking for field biologists to conduct spotted owl and barred owl surveys in the Oregon coast range. Crews are based out of Manzanita, Oregon.
- Employment starts immediately through late August 2017.
- Applicants for surveyor positions must have at least one year of biological survey experience or have or be working toward a 4 year college degree.
- Applicants must have a clean driving record and be able to drive a standard transmission 4WD vehicle
- The job involves a lot of night driving, working alone at night in remote forest areas, and navigating mountainous terrain. Orienteering skills require knowledge of map and compass use. Must have good hearing and vision.
- Applicants must be physically fit and able to hike off road in steep brushy conditions.
- Work schedule varies throughout the season and includes working days and nights. Weekend work may be required to meet deadlines. Housing is provided at no cost to employees.
- Vehicles will be provided, or employees driving personal vehicles will be reimbursed.
- We are looking for several individuals willing to use their own vehicles (must be a dependable real 4WD vehicle, not all-wheel drive subarus and the like).
- Pay is $15 - $17/hour depending on experience and responsibilities.
- Via e-mail attachment, submit cover letter, resume, 3 current reference names with contact (email and phone numbers) information, and current driving record (MSWord or pdf format) to email@example.com Closing date: when positions are filled.