Welcome back, Guest
You can post a job without signing in, but signing in has the following benefits:
- See a list of jobs you've posted
- Edit jobs you've posted
- Sign up for email notifications of new jobs.
- Enjoy all the other benefits of membership
Jump to content
The Ornithology Exchange features content posted by our members. In some cases announcements have been re-posted from other websites.
Need help, have a question, see something on this job announcement needs to be corrected, or want to have this job removed immediately? Create a support request in our Job Board Support Forum
The “Avian Diversity Project” in Sakaerat Biosphere Reserve, is seeking to recruit several short (3 or 6 months) and/or long-term volunteer on a rolling basis for ongoing diversity and behavioural research on the Avifauna. The project involves point count surveys at multiple locations in and around the Sakaerat Biosphere Reserve in North East Thailand. This rewarding (yet physically challenging) position provides valuable field research experience in the field of avian diversity and conservation.
– survey the data points on an everyday basis and record observed species and their behaviour with respect to the habitat structure and vegetation cover,
– write weekly summaries of the identified and unidentified species, and to prepare a habitat wise checklist of birds on monthly basis,
– communicate with local villagers in a friendly and non-intrusive manner,
– record observed behaviours and go through video feeds from camera pictures,
– be able and willing to work long hours in very warm and humid conditions.
– 23 years or older (exemption can be made for outstanding candidates),
– Bachelor of Science in wildlife biology or related field.
– Previous experience on bird identification (visual, calls and songs identification).
– Ability to work independently while strictly following the protocol of the project and the research station.
– Volunteers need to be fit (able to walk more than 10 km in a day).
– Health Insurance,
– Commitment of 6 months or more, (Exception internships students)
– MUST be able to provide your own plane ticket to Thailand.Accommodation: