Welcome back, Guest
You can post a job without signing in, but signing in has the following benefits:
- See a list of jobs you've posted
- Edit jobs you've posted
- Sign up for email notifications of new jobs.
- Enjoy all the other benefits of membership
Jump to content
The Ornithology Exchange features content posted by our members. In some cases announcements have been re-posted from other websites.
Need help, have a question, see something on this job announcement needs to be corrected, or want to have this job removed immediately? Create a support request in our Job Board Support Forum
Employer： Beijing Normal University
Location： Jilin Province, the Northeast China
Last Date to Apply： Open until filled
We’re looking for volunteer field assistants to assist with studying breeding behavior and ecology of Yellow-throated Bunting (Emberiza elegans) and Daurian Redstart (Phoenicurus auroreus) in Northeast China. The project will begin in April 2018 and end in July 2018. Assistants can expect to work 8-10 hours per day in villages and nearby forest. Field work will involve assisting in trapping, banding, and bleeding adults and nestlings, nest searching, monitoring breeding attempts, assisting in field experiments, and data entry and other general field work. Flexibility with weather and work schedule is the key to success at this position.
1. Applicants must have a strong interest in birds and nature;
2. Competitive applicants will be very self-motivated, have the ability to re-sight and follow tiny color-banded birds and extract songbirds quickly and safely from mist nets.
2. Applicants should be prepared for early mornings and long days, and should have the ability to work both as part of a tight-knit team and independently, as well as being prepared to work flexible hours in field.
3. Applicants should have full color-vision, be physically fit, and be comfortable with living in a remote location.
4. It is necessary for volunteers to be accurate when collecting and entering data, and to ask for help when unsure about anything.
5. A minimum stay of two months is required, but longer stays are preferable. Field assistants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
Assistants will reside in a comfortable shared accommodation with three meals provided a day. You will share bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and internet with others.
1. You need to afford your international flight to and from China. We will cover your tickets between Beijing and Jilin in China
2.You should take your own stuff, and we will provide the necessary equipment for the fieldwork activities (e.g. GPS, binoculars).
3.Our project will from 10 April to 20 July 2018, you can take two months (or more is competitive) during this period.
1.You can enjoy various Chinese traditional food and famous sights.
2. It’s a good chance to learn Chinese language and culture.
Apply & contact:
For further information and to apply, please email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.