Welcome back, Guest
You can post a job without signing in, but signing in has the following benefits:
- See a list of jobs you've posted
- Edit jobs you've posted
- Sign up for email notifications of new jobs.
- Enjoy all the other benefits of membership
Jump to content
The Ornithology Exchange features content posted by our members. In some cases announcements have been re-posted from other websites.
Need help, have a question, see something on this job announcement needs to be corrected, or want to have this job removed immediately? Create a support request in our Job Board Support Forum
- Phd degree in biology, genetics or similar obtained not earlier than 7 years prior to employment in the project (note: this period does not include periods of maternity or parental leave, or other circumstances described in the Polish National Science Centre OPUS project regulations);
- Publication record with at least one first-author paper in international recognized journals;
- Prior research experience in molecular techniques, such as PCR, cloning, next-generation sequencing;
- Experience in bioinformatics will be a plus;
- Academic background in molecular biology and genetics;
- Written and spoken fluency in English, ability to prepare scientific papers in English;
- Creative and independent approach, motivation to work in research, analytical thinking;
Determine whether group size choice is associated with individual diversity of immune genes in a colonial waterbird, the common tern.
Assistance in sample collection (bird capturing and blood sampling), laboratory work (DNA isolation, PCR, cloning, preparation of samples for Illumina), analyses of DNA sequences, statistical analyses and bioinformatics, preparation of manuscripts (in English).
Contract: Full-time contract for 24 months, 5500 PLN/month (gross)
1. Letter of interest;
3. List of publications;
4. Short description of the research achievements (maximum half page);
5. Copy of PhD diploma;
6. A reference letter from the supervisor or the research team leader, with whom the candidate collaborated.
Send your application to dr hab. Piotr Minias (email@example.com)
Please include in your application the following statement: “In accordance with the personal data protection act from the 29th of August 1997, I hereby agree to process and to store my personal data by the Institution for recruitment purposes.”
Thanking all applicants for their interest, we will contact only selected candidates for an interview. In case no suitable candidates are found, we will continue collecting applications.