Welcome back, Guest
You can post a job without signing in, but signing in has the following benefits:
- See a list of jobs you've posted
- Edit jobs you've posted
- Sign up for email notifications of new jobs.
- Enjoy all the other benefits of membership
Jump to content
The Ornithology Exchange features content posted by our members. In some cases announcements have been re-posted from other websites.
Need help, have a question, see something on this job announcement needs to be corrected, or want to have this job removed immediately? Create a support request in our Job Board Support Forum
The Project and Outreach Coordinator will coordinate and lead outreach, collaboration, and social media efforts for projects involving faculty and staff in the Moore Lab. The key goal of this position is to lead the outward face of existing high-profile scientific grants and projects, ensuring that they are well planned and executed and maximizing their audience and broader societal impacts. The Project and Outreach Manager will coordinate with Institutional Advancement and the Foundations team on further fundraising and grant-writing. She or he will execute logistical details of projects, such as planning travel, workshops, and budgets with collaborating partners, in addition to coordinating in-house outreach efforts like tours. She or he will lead the social media of the Moore Lab, including building a new web site for the Mexican Bird Resurvey Project, Twitter, and Facebook.
Will be required to:
· Coordinate and plan travel, workshops, and meetings (20%)
· Web site design and social media (50%)
· Coordinate with IA on fundraising (10%)
· Grant Writing (10%)
· Plan and balance budgets (5%)
· Schedule and coordinate in-house tours (5%)
Twenty hours a week for six months
· Bachelor’s Degree, any field
· Experience designing web sites
· Interest in science (expertise not needed)
· Social media skills (ability to generate content as well as post and track)
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Eye for detail and an artistic sense of style
Desired Skills and Attributes
· Grant or proposal writing experience
· Entrepreneurial spirit
· Team player
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.