Jump to content


Welcome back, Guest

You can post a job without signing in, but signing in has the following benefits:

  • See a list of jobs you've posted
  • Edit jobs you've posted
  • Sign up for email notifications of new jobs.
  • Enjoy all the other benefits of membership

To gain full access to the site, join one of our supporting ornithological organizations . For more information, see our Membership FAQ.


Post a Job
It's easy!


Search


Why is this job posted here?

The Ornithology Exchange features content posted by our members. In some cases announcements have been re-posted from other websites.

Help


Need help, have a question, see something on this job announcement needs to be corrected, or want to have this job removed immediately? Create a support request in our Job Board Support Forum

KDWPT


Employer:

Hays, Kansas

Location:

Hays, Kansas

Country:

United States

Last Date to Apply:

29 Jun 2017

Description:

Area Biologist – Kansas
Agency KDWPT Location Hays, Kansas Job Category Full time Positions Salary 23.32/hour Last Date to Apply 06/30/2017 Website http://ksoutdoors.com/KDWPT-Info/Jobs Description Area Biologist – K0235926

 

This unclassified, full-time position is located in the Wildlife Division. The primary duty station will be in the KDWPT regional office located in Hays Kansas. This position is directly supervised by Matt Smith, Wildlife Regional Supervisor. The incumbent will spend 60% of their time working with private landowners in a three county district. The remaining 40% of the incumbent’s time will be spent working with the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) to implement wildlife programs at the NRCS Area level.

 

The incumbent has district responsibilities for Ellis, Rush and Ness counties. Work involves organizing, coordinating and directing wildlife programs and projects; planning and implementing wildlife habitat projects through the Habitat First program on private land; administering walk-in hunting access program (WIHA) in assigned district, which includes property review, landowner contacts, contract negotiations, and posting of signs; assisting Public Lands Section with wildlife management programs; coordinating with local, state and federal agriculture and natural resource agencies and constituency groups; responding to animal damage complaints; coordinating and participating in public information and education efforts with other divisions and local media; conducting environmental assessments; providing technical services to private landowners and local governing units; preparing documents, reports, and wildlife management plans; assisting other divisions and various state and federal agencies with environmental issues; completing various administrative duties necessary to support the district wildlife management program; and special projects as assigned.

 

NRCS Area Responsibilities: The incumbent will also work at least two days per week in the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Office, located in Hays, Kansas. Specific job assignments and supervision will be provided by the NRCS Area Conservationist. A general outline of duties includes: providing coordination between KDWPT and NRCS; implementing wildlife management provisions into USDA’s farm bill programs at the NRCS area/county level; and provide technical advice to NRCS staff to develop USDA statewide programs and policies.

 

BENEFITS: Beginning hourly wage, $23.32/hour; group health and life insurance; retirement; optional deferred compensation, dental and vision options; holidays; and sick and vacation leave. Qualifications MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in fisheries science/management or wildlife science/management AND two years of work experience. Other degrees relating to this field may be considered. Education may be substituted by the agency. The successful candidate must pass a background check and processes a valid driver’s license.

 

ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/ABILITIES: The successful applicant must have a mix of expertise in ecology, agricultural or related fields. The applicant must have good communication skills and be able to work in an interdisciplinary agency environment and with landowners. Computer skills are highly desirable. Contact Person Becky Doyle Contact Phone 6206725911 Contact eMail KDWPT.kdwptrecruitment@ks.gov



0 Comments