Ornithology Exchange
  • Volunteer field-assistant for storm-petrel research at Faroe Islands

anne.ausems
    • Employer: University of Gdańsk, Dept. of Vertebrate Ecology and Zoology
      Last Date to Apply: No value
      Open Until Filled: Yes

I am looking for a volunteer field-assistant to help in a study into the foraging ecology of European and Leach’s storm-petrels on the Faroe Islands from August 4th  to August 19th. This research is part of my PhD project at the University of Gdańsk, Poland and will focus on the isotopic signatures of the storm-petrels, to help determine their trophic levels and foraging areas. During the study period, we will stay at the island of Mykines, Faroe Islands, and go on nightly mist netting trips. I am looking for a volunteer field-assistant who can help me carry equipment, set up nets and handle the birds. The fieldwork will be carried out mainly at night. Experience with mist-netting and handling birds is highly appreciated, a strong work ethic a must as we will work long, odd hours and the weather can be harsh. Accommodation will be provided. For more information and to apply please contact me at  anne.ausems@gmail.com. Please attach a note on why you are interested in this position, a resume and contact information of at least one referee.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.