SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking Field Technicians to support the Flagstaff, Arizona office's Southwestern Willow Flycatcher studies located along the Lower Colorado River. These are temporary, hourly positions.
Start date is 5 May 2019 and is non-negotiable; end dates range from mid-July to early August 2019.
Compensation and Schedule: $17.97 to $24.64 per hour, plus $4.18 per hour fringe benefit. Work schedule for each 2-week period is 80 hours on and then days off. Housing and vehicles provided. Mileage reimbursement is provided for work related use of personal vehicles. Positions will be filled as soon as a qualified applicants are identified.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter along with contact information for three professional references.
What you will accomplish
Field Technicians: Primary field duties will include conducting standardized early morning broadcast surveys, mapping and monitoring territories, searching for and monitoring nests, and re-sighting color banded flycatchers. Additional duties may include deploying data loggers and recording soil moisture conditions. Daily computer data entry required.
Site Coordinators: Duties will include all tasks of Field Technicians in addition to coordinating field logistics, proofing data, data backup and other administrative tasks, and promoting compliance with SWCA's safety program.
Experience and qualifications for success
- A minimum of one (1) field season of avian research
- Ability to work closely with other biologists, have full hearing and color vision
- Ability to stoop/crawl through dense vegetation and tolerance of hot temperatures, high humidity, and biting insects
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Current eligibility to work in the U.S
- A valid driver's license
- Preferred prior experience in nest monitoring of open-cup passerines
- Preferred prior experience in broadcast surveys
- Preferred prior experience with willow flycatchers and identification of southwestern U.S. riparian birds
- Preferred prior experience using ATVs and towing a trailer
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517.
This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here http://www.Click2apply.net/cmkqt423b6hx6hjq
Edited by Chris Merkord