Open & closing dates: 09/04/2018 to 09/10/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 07
Salary: $45,972 to $59,762 per year
Appointment type: Term - This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
Work schedule: Full-Time
- Review and verify banding data, ensure completeness and accuracy of these data sets, and correct erroneous data prior to processing into a relational database.
- Resolve a complex variety of data problems to maintain data quality standards and improve the efficiency of Bird Banding Laboratory (BBL) operations.
- Conduct a variety of data manipulations, create and manage data files, prepare data summaries, and assist in the preparation of presentations, reports, and manuscripts.
- Assist in bird banding activities undertaken by the BBL.
- Operates government owned vehicle as an incidental driver.
- Work is primarily sedentary in an office. For field activities at banding stations, the work requires some physical exertion such as walking over wet and uneven surfaces, bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching and similar activities. The field work requires moderate physical activity and average agility and dexterity. Most work is performed in a typical office setting with adequate light, heating or air conditioning and ventilation. Field tasks involve moderate health risks, primarily associated with overexertion, and exposure to temperature extremes and biting insects. The incumbent is expected to conduct duties in a safe and orderly manner so as not to endanger self, fellow workers, or property with which entrusted.
- Conditions of Employment
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year trial period.
- Selectee must provide a valid state driver's license & safe driving record.
- Selectee subject to successful completion of a pre-employment medical exam.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.
For detailed information, go to USA JOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509430600
Announcement number: RES-2018-0341
Control number: 509430600