Ornithology Exchange
  • Sign in to follow this  

MSc or PhD positions: Avian reproduction

• Employer: Simon Fraser University
      Last Date to Apply: 05/31/2018
      Open Until Filled: No

PhD/MSc positions. Fall 2018 or Spring 2019. Diet or exercise? How do birds cope with transitions in workload associated with parental care or fledging? I am looking for multiple MSc or PhD students to join my lab as part of my long-term NSERC-funded work on avian reproduction. Several potential projects are available with a focus on behaviour or physiology exercise or training during parental care and post-fledging activity. This work will take advantage of an automated radio-tracking system we set up in 2015 for European starlings, and/or a training system for captive-breeding zebra finches. General requirements: Strong academic background (GPA >3.0 and >3.5 for PhD), a commitment to graduate school and basic research, and a genuine interest in integrating behaviour, physiology and evolutionary biology. Experience with radio-telemetry, blood sampling, banding, GIS or physiological analysis an advantage but not essential. This work will be based at SFU with fieldwork in the Lower Mainland, BC. For more information contact: Tony D. Williams, Dept.  Biological Sciences, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, V5A1S6, Canada, tdwillia@sfu.ca; Lab web page https://tonydwilliamslab.weebly.com/

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.