The Sound Approach Bird Fund offers funding up to £10,000 to bird conservation projects around the world. We're looking for projects that will have a significant conservation benefit, making a real impact on the survival of threatened species1, for example:-
• Research projects that aim to identify threats to bird populations;
• Projects which aim to eradicate or minimise identified threats;
• Practical projects to protect and assist endangered birds, such as safeguarding sites,
habitat restoration etc;
• Surveys and other investigative work to assess the status of threatened species and
identify new species;
• Campaigns and outreach work to address the impact of human activity on birds,
particularly relating to habitat destruction from industrial developments and hunting;
• Projects which raise awareness of bird conservation issues, for example through
community work, schools, local decision-making or land-management organisations etc.
• We do not fund student expeditions or projects that contribute towards an academic qualification;
• We do not support culling of birds or other animals for conservation or any other purposes;
• We do not support market-based solutions to climate change and biodiversity conservation such as the Clean Development Mechanism and Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD).
• We ask that those who receive grants to provide a short project report immediately after completion of the project.
There are no deadlines; applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We aim to get a decision to you within 2 months of your application. For an application form please email email@example.com.