Ornithology Exchange (brought to you by the Ornithological Council)

Data coming out as "0000000000"

pqueller

Some of my RFID readers are storing hundreds of visits as "0000000000". Has anyone had any experience with this? I thought it might be a low battery issue because it usually happens at the end of the list of data for that specific download, shortly before the battery dies. But a few times it will be the first data entry on a fresh battery. I have the threshold set as 80% and I'm using Gen 1 readers. Any ideas? Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Im trying to run Termite 3.1 on a Windows VirtualBoxVM on a mac, but the program fails to initialize the port, and doesn't verify the COM port settings. I have all the settings the same as I do on a windows computer, where termite runs fine, including the port set to COM 3. I was wondering if anyone has tried using termite on virtual windows and had the same problem?

~Dani Freund

Dani, I suggest starting a new topic in this forum.  That will get the attention of the forum moderator, Eli Bridge, and any other folks who follow the forum.  Replying to this old thread won't necessarily attract a reply.

Philip, did yo solve your original problem?  If so, please do post to let us know the solution.

Some of my RFID readers are storing hundreds of visits as "0000000000". Has anyone had any experience with this? I thought it might be a low battery issue because it usually happens at the end of the list of data for that specific download, shortly before the battery dies. But a few times it will be the first data entry on a fresh battery. I have the threshold set as 80% and I'm using Gen 1 readers. Any ideas? Thanks!

I did eventually solve the problem. The string of 0s came after I tested the readers on my university campus. When tested in the field there was no problem. After speaking with an electronics technician on campus, we thought that the university's large radio antennae may have been interfering with readers.

Archived