2 replies to this topic

#1 Wayne Thogmartin

Wayne Thogmartin
  • Society Members
  • 3 posts
  • La Crosse, WI,
  • United States

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

If I'm interested in the topic, I should be able to click on the link and go to the posting, right? Yet, that's not what happened. It doesn't make a lot of sense to share Recent Forum Posts and then deny users the opportunity to follow up on this. Either delete content that isn't viewable by all or disable this activity.

Access Denied

Sorry, access was denied or an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information. In some cases, more information about the source of the error may be provided below.

[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic.
<p class="general_box alt">
Useful Links

#2 Ellen Paul

Ellen Paul

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,263 posts
  • United States

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Hi, Wayne,

I am guessing that you got that response because you weren't signed in. Check in the upper right-hand corner. If you are signed in, your name will be there. If you are not signed in, the sign-in box will be there.

When you sign it, you can check a box that says Remember Me so you don't have to sign in repeatedly. Until you clear your cache, the system will remember you.

As to the search, I am not getting the same results. I had numerous hits, including the original article.

Will give you a call.

Ellen

#3 Chris Merkord

Chris Merkord

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,682 posts
  • Vermillion, South Dakota,
  • United States

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

If I'm interested in the topic, I should be able to click on the link and go to the posting, right? Yet, that's not what happened. It doesn't make a lot of sense to share Recent Forum Posts and then deny users the opportunity to follow up on this. Either delete content that isn't viewable by all or disable this activity.

You're correct, it shouldn't be showing you topics to which you don't have access. Can you tell me the title of the topic you clicked, and whether you were signed in at the time. I'll fix the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members(s), 0 guests(s) and 0 anonymous member(s)