The Waterbird Society is pleased to announce its 35th and 2011 meeting, to be held in Annapolis, Maryland, 9-12 Nov 2011.
Simultaneous paper sessions will be held Thursday, 9 November; Friday, 10 November ; and Saturday, 11 November. The poster session will be held on Friday evening, 10 November.
Deadline for submitting proposals for symposia: 1 Jul 2011. Proposals should include 1-2 paragraph summary including rationale, and list of proposed speakers and presentation titles, and should be sent to Scientific Program Chair, Katherine Parsons (email@example.com). Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- conservation science of beach-nesting shorebirds
- first-year update of impacts of Deepwater Horizon oil spill on waterbirds
- assessing abundance and demographics of secretive marshbirds
- coordinated monitoring of colonially-nesting waterbirds
- restoration of wetland habitats in Chesapeake Bay
- transboundary management and conservation issues of seabirds
- new developments in tracking technology
Detailed information about travel, accommodations, field trips, and other information along with the abstract submission and registration system is available on the Waterbird Society website: http://www.waterbirds.org/