Ornithology Exchange (brought to you by the Ornithological Council)

Staging areas ERROR Potential_stat_periods?

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange error when I run the FLightR script with nParticles = 1e6 :

> Staging <- stationary.migration.summary(Result, prob.cutoff = 0.8, min.stay = 4)

Error in Potential_stat_periods[period, 1]:Potential_stat_periods[period,  :

NA/NaN argument

I don't know what this means or how I can fix it, but the strange thing is I don't get this error when I run the script with nParticles = 1e4 (or fewer) particles ... But when I run it with 1e4 particles I get an unrealistic 20+ number of staging areas (we are looking for 0-4 staging areas at most) - even if I increase the prob.cutoff (to e.g. 0.95) and min.stay (to eg 6). Any suggestions are much appreciated.

I also don't seem to be able to plot my results in ggmap anymore with the following error - again any help welcome:

> map.FLightR.ggmap(Result)

Error in download.file(url, destfile = tmp, quiet = !messaging, mode = "wb") :

cannot open URL 'http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=34.65,-8.191707&zoom=2&size=640x640&scale=2&maptype=terrain&language=en-EN&sensor=false'

In addition: Warning message:

In download.file(url, destfile = tmp, quiet = !messaging, mode = "wb") :

InternetOpenUrl failed: 'The server name or address could not be resolved'

Thanks

Louise

Hi Louise,

There was a minor bug in FLightR. Fixed now, so install the latest version with

devtools::install_github('eldarrak/FLightR')

And go ahead. BUT note, that with the cutoff probability of 0.8 you are setting quite a high border probability and many small movement and stops may just disappear.

Thanks Eldar, I am going to try this straight away (as well as the ggmap one you answered elsewhere) and will let you know how I get on!

update - tried the updated FlightR and it worked for staging areas (not the ggmap one though, will put it in other post).

Archived