Ornithology Exchange (brought to you by the Ornithological Council)

ebridge

The 2015 AOU/COS conference will be on the University of Oklahoma campus, which is about 20 miles and 40 minutes from the nearest airport (OKC). To reduce costs, we recommend you seek out other conference attendees arriving to OKC around the same time and share rides in rental cars or taxis. The recommended taxi service is Airport Express. They will transport groups of five to the OU campus for $50 ($38 for the first person and $3 for each additional). There may also be a $1 off coupon posted online soon (check back here or on the meeting website for updates). Reservations are not required for Airport Express if you are leaving from the airport (they always have a bunch of vehicles waiting). However you do need to make arrangements for a ride from OU to the airport (405-681-3311 or 877-688-3311, www.airportexpressokc.com)

Anyway, If you are looking to share a ride or find riders to/from the OKC, please post your name, the date and approximate time, whether you are going to or from OKC, and any other pertinent info like whether you will have a rental car. You should probably exchange phone numbers and such afterward by email.

I am interested in sharing an Airport Express shuttle. I arrive in OKC at 2:00 pm on Monday July 27.  I would need to leave OU on Sunday Aug 2 by around 8:00 am.  

Thanks! Barb Kus

I land in OKC at 4:50pm on Monday and fly out at 9:30am on Sunday. I am interested in sharing a ride either or both directions, and I'm willing to wait an hour or two on Monday or leave an hour or two earlier on Sunday if necessary.

I arrive Monday at 3:46 and would want to leave the airport promptly after that.  I don't have to leave campus on Sunday until noon.  Would be glad to share if your timiing fits (one or both ways).

Ricky Dunn

Hi - I too would be interested in sharing a ride from campus to the airport on Sunday morning. It sounds like two people other than myself have flights that leave around 9:30. What if we arranged to be picked up at 7:30, so we'd be at the airport around 8:15? I usually prefer to leave a buffer for traffic or long lines at security, so this seems like it would be good timing. Who's in?

Kate

@Ricky Dunn, as well as any other interested parties, a collegue and I fly out on Sunday at 12:12PM, So we would likely be leaving campus around 10:30am would this work for you? email, text, or call.

Nik Moy, Virginia Commonwealth University, moynj@vcu.edu | ###.###.#####

I arrive Monday at 3:46 and would want to leave the airport promptly after that.  I don't have to leave campus on Sunday until noon.  Would be glad to share if your timiing fits (one or both ways).

Ricky Dunn

I arrive Monday at 3:21 pm and willing to wait 20-30 minutes if necessary.

I depart Sunday at 11:40 am, and so need to leave campus between 9:30-10:00 am.

John Rotenberry

john.rotenberry@ucr.edu

jrotenbe@umn.edu

I arrive on Tuesday 28 July at 6:30 pm in OKC airport and wish to share a ride to Norman (UOK dorms) shortly after arrival.  I depart on Monday 3 August from UOK dorms in Norman at 5:00 am and wish to share ride to OKC airport (7:00 am flight to DFW).  Let me know if interested in ride sharing on either or both of these dates.  Please contact me at: jmwunderle@gmail.com

I'm in for the 7:30 shuttle back to the airport on Sunday as well. 

Anyone arriving Tuesday around noon?

Brian 

I am in for the 7:30 shuttle back to the airport Sunday morning.

I am interested in sharing an Airport Express shuttle. I arrive in OKC at 2:00 pm on Monday July 27.  I would need to leave OU on Sunday Aug 2 by around 8:00 am.  

Thanks! Barb Kus

Hi all - it sounds like there are four of us now who would be interested in a shuttle from campus to the airport at 7:30 am on Sunday, Aug. 2nd. I'm going to go ahead and make a reservation. Please get in touch so that you can either confirm or let me know if you have a change in plans! katepell33@gmail.com

I arrive at 2:30 PM on Monday July 27 and would be happy to ride-share from OKC to meeting site as well.

You may not want to wait an hour, but I get in at 3:20 and am interested in sharing.  If not, no worries.

I'm in for the 7:30 shuttle back to the airport on Sunday as well. 

Anyone arriving Tuesday around noon?

Brian 

Hi Brian- I am arriving at about 1140 AM, and would be willing to wait 30 min to share...

Greetings, all. I'm arriving at the OKC airport on Monday 7/27 at 3:00pm. If anyone is still looking to split a ride at that time shoot me an email. Many thanks!

Tyler Imfeld

imfel001@umn.edu

I'm not leaving until Monday, August 3 (fairly late in the day due to flight schedules). Anyone else headed to the airport that day, maybe other people staying for field trips? I'd need to be at the airport by mid-afternoon but would be happy to get there earlier to fit someone else's schedule. Email me at rebecca.heisman@gmail.com.

I arrive in Oklahoma City on Monday, 7/27 at 4:30 PM, and would love to share a ride to campus.

-Abby Powell

Hi there. I think you are the only other person so far that's arriving close to when I do. I am arriving at 4:50pm. If you don't mind waiting a bit, we could share a ride. Shoot me an email (qureshlatif@yahoo.com) or call (951-836-1141) to confirm and coordinate.

Hi Brian- I am arriving at about 1140 AM, and would be willing to wait 30 min to share...

That's great! Thanks. Have you already booked it? You can email me directly at trevellineb@duq.edu

Archived