FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT: Waterbirds 2015: Challenges and Responses
Bar Harbor, ME Aug 11-15 2015.
While many of you are looking forward to the 2014 Joint Waterbird Society/CIPAMEX meeting in Baja California, scheduled for this upcoming November, we also would like to call your attention to the first stages of organization of the 2015 Waterbird Society meeting to be held in Bar Harbor, Maine, U.S.A. and in particular to the call for expressions of interest in organizing possible symposia.
The theme for the 2015 Meeting will be: Waterbirds 2015: Challenges and Responses. The meeting will be held 11-15 August 2015. The following symposia are being proposed to acknowledge the meeting location, on the northeastern coast of the United States.
- Off-shore wind energy and breeding/dispersing waterbirds
- Waterbirds and the recovery of raptor populations
- Warming sea-surface and Northwest Passage/High Arctic Development and waterbird conservation
- Sea-surface rise, loss of wetlands and waterbirds
- Costs and benefits of eco-tourism for waterbird populations