New VertNet taxon-based snapshots are now available!
We’ve got snapshots from 2015 and 2016, plus a new 2016 archive of Traits data available via CyVerse (formerly iPlant). Moving forward, we’ll be using CyVerse for our DOI/ARK assignments and permanent archiving in the CyVerse Data Commons.
CyVerse met all of our needs in terms of access and ease of use and more. We know, too, that VertNet users have come to expect a certain level of ease and simplicity when they use our products and services, whether VertNet resources are on our portal or someone else’s, and CyVerse helps us to maintain this standard of service. The Data Commons Repository (DCR) provides us with an easily accessible public repository designed to store and share large data sets, as well as simple protocols for uploading and updating our resources within their Discovery Environment (DE). Requesting DOIs is both straightforward and fast, plus users working within the CyVerse DE have access to a wide range of tools for analysis, management, and publication. At the end of the day, it was a no-brainer for us and we’re excited to work with the CyVerse team moving forward.
So, without any further ado, here are all of the VertNet snapshots at CyVerse (and KNB) for your research pleasure. Let us know if you use these resources. We’re always interested to know what you’re doing. Just drop those DOIs into a browser and they’ll take you to the resource directly. Let us know if this doesn’t work for you! Of course, feel free to tell us if you love it, too.
We’ll keep a list of all of our snapshots and their DOIs on the VertNet Datasets, Tools & Code web page.
September 2016 - CyVerse
- Amphibia - dx.doi.org/10.7946/P2F59W
- Aves – dx.doi.org/10.7946/P2K01C
- Fishes – dx.doi.org/10.7946/P2PP4B
- Mammalia – dx.doi.org/10.7946/P2TG68
- Reptilia - dx.doi.org/10.7946/P2Z59J
- Traits – dx.doi.org/10.7946/P23011
October 2015 - CyVerse
- Amphibia – dx.doi.org/10.7946/P2VC7X
- Aves – dx.doi.org/ 10.7946/P2059V
- Fishes – dx.doi.org/10.7946/P23W2C
- Mammalia – dx.doi.org/10.7946/P27P49
- Reptilia – dx.doi.org/10.7946/P2CC7K
April 2015 - KNB
- Amphibia - dx.doi.org/10.5063/F1VX0DF9
- Aves - dx.doi.org/10.5063/F1MG7MDB
- Fishes - dx.doi.org/10.5063/F1R49NQB
- Mammalia - dx.doi.org/10.5063/F1GQ6VPM
- Reptilia - dx.doi.org/10.5063/F10P0WX6