IT’S ALL NEW!
We are pleased to introduce AOS to the world next week. We open the redesigned society website, AmericanOrnithology.org, and will send out announcements through society social media and emails! Look for them!
OSNA rolls out its new cloud-based membership management system, supported by MemberSuite, next week. You’ll receive an email from this system inviting you to the Member Portal where you’ll be able to login anytime, explore the site, and renew as a member of the new AOS.
And, new this year—you can sign up for automatic annual renewals!
Anytime, through MemberSuite, you will be able to:
- manage your membership profile information,
- indicate your interest in serving on AOS committees
- contribute to the society (even automate your contributions through regular payments from your credit or debit card);
- access the membership directory (‘The Flock’);
- order print copies of AOS journals;
- renew memberships in, or join, other OSNA societies.
In the very near future, MemberSuite will allow you to perform various member actions:
- register for the annual meeting (discounted rates for AOS members)
- submit abstracts for workshops, symposia, contributed papers, and posters;
- apply for grants and awards that are available only to AOS members;
- nominate colleagues for honors and awards;
- pay page charges (reduced for AOS members) when publishing in AOS journals, the Auk and Condor;
- vote in annual elections.
Questions? Hopefully you will find answers here in our AOS FAQs sheet.
We are excited to introduce you to these new member services! Be sure to look for the email next week directing you to the new Member Portal. And, if you don’t see it in your inbox, be sure to check your Spam folder and check other email filters.
If you need help accessing the portal, please contact Scott Gillihan at OSNAmembers@gmail.com, or by phone, at 312-883-4670. You may also contact me at 312-883-4645.
We value your membership and your important work as ornithologists, and look forward to offering more services and benefits in the future.