The new OSNA Member Portal is now open and available for you to renew your society memberships in the American Ornithological Society, the Association of Field Ornithologists, the Raptor Research Foundation, and the Wilson Ornithological Society. Renewing online is fast and convenient for you and helps the societies to gather information to better serve you.
By Ornithological Council
The GOP-led House of Representatives is leading attacks on the Endangered Species Act. Get ready to contact your members of Congress.
UPDATE 29 Sept: Another anti-ESA bill has been introduced. Read more here.
What is the Ornithological Council and why should you support it?
The Ornithological Council is a great resource for ornithologists. We help researchers navigate the permit maze, address animal welfare concerns, publish the peer-reviewed Guidelines to the Use of Wild Birds in Research. The Ornithological Council is the voice of scientific ornithology. Learn more here!
When you join a society or renew your OSNA membership via Membersuite (2018 registration begins October 9), please remember the OC. Visit the donations page to make a contribution.
By Ornithological Council
It is no secret that the current U.S. administration has great disdain for regulations. It now looks as though several bird-related regulations - including some that would have affected ornithological research - are now on the scrap heap. Gone are pending regulations on CITES, Migratory Bird Treaty Act, Animal Welfare Act. The bird banding regulatory revisions have been consigned to the long-term action list. Updates to the Wild Bird Conservation Act are still moving forward, as are regulations updating import and export procedures and an increase in permit and other fees.
News & Announcements
- Graduate Research scholarship, wetlands or waterfowl 18 October 2017
- Canopy Access Field Course in Panama 18 October 2017
- WOS 2018 Jed Burtt Mentoring Grants 16 October 2017
- Ornithologists Amanda Rodewald and John Fitzpatrick speak out on Zinke's anti-conservation efforts 14 October 2017
- Auk Editor Pick - Grassland Sparrows Constantly Searching for a Nicer Home 12 October 2017
- Condor Editor Pick - Safety, Not Food, Entices Geese to Cities 12 October 2017
- Festschrift for Keith Arnold, Ph.D (aged 80 and going strong!) 11 October 2017
- 10th Asian Raptor Research and Conservation Network Symposium 18 Oct 2017
- Second International Bird Observatory Conference 26 Oct 2017
- Partners in Flight VI 30 Oct 2017
- Raptor Research Foundation 2017 Annual Meeting 07 Nov 2017
- 10,806 Total Posts
- 4,339 Total Members
- brcollett Newest Member
- 560 Most Online