By Ornithological CouncilThe FAA has proposed new regulations on the use of drones. Will you be able to use drones to study birds in the United States? Maybe not...
By Ornithological CouncilWild duck in Washington State found to have novel strain of H5N1 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza.
UPDATE 9 Feb 2015: Status of H5N1 in British Columbia.
UPDATE 19 Feb 2015: First published report available.
UPDATE 11 March 2015: H5N2 found in poultry flock in Minnesota, Missouri
UPDATE 14 March: H5N2 found in poultry flock in Kansas
UPDATE: 28 March 2015: H5N2 found in another flock in Minnesota
By Ornithological CouncilThe U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service plans to control incidental take of birds protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act via permits with conditions that require the use of measures to reduce or eliminate mortality. Ornithological research will be needed to determine the effectiveness of any particular measure!
News & Announcements
- David Hussell 1934 - 2015 24 April 2015
- Backyard Birds Enhance Life in Urban Neighborhoods 22 April 2015
- Birds Show Surprising Resilience in the Face of Natural Stresses 22 April 2015
- Shoals Marine Lab- Field Ornithology Course 21 April 2015
- A global snapshot of biodiversity for National Geographic’s Great Nature Project 20 April 2015
- XIV Congreso para el Estudio y Conservación de las Aves en México (CECAM) 20 April 2015
- Eye on the Environment— Conservation Drone Summit, September 17-19, 2015; San francisco, CA 17 April 2015
- Canada immigration procedures/Global Entry travelers take note!
- No April Fooling - early reg and abstract submission end APRIL 10
- St. John, NB – Digby, NS ferry schedule available
- 10 April: EXTENDED deadlines for abstracts & registration (now OPEN!)
- Notice and Call for Papers -- AOU/COS 2015
- Student Presentation and Student/Post-doc Travel Award Applications
- AOU/COS 2015 - abstracts due by May 3
- Registration for 2015 AOU/COS conference open! Early registration closes May 3
- AOU/COS 2015 (Norman, Oklahoma): Call for symposia and workshop proposals
- Xth Neotropical Ornithological Congress (NOC) 01 Jul 2015
- WOS / AFO / SCO-SOC 2015 Joint Meeting 16 Jul 2015
- Wilson Ornithological Society, Society of Canadian Ornithologists, Association of Field Ornithologists 2015 16 Jul 2015
- 2nd International Ornithological Congress of Southeast Asia (IOCSEA2015) 20 Jul 2015
- 6,523 Total Posts
- 2,980 Total Members
- alyssada13 Newest Member
- 560 Most Online