What is the Ornithological Council and why should you support it?
The Ornithological Council is a great resource for ornithologists. We help researchers navigate the permit maze, address animal welfare concerns, publish the peer-reviewed Guidelines to the Use of Wild Birds in Research. The Ornithological Council is the voice of scientific ornithology. Learn more here!
At the annual meeting in Estes Park, the AOU presented the Coues award to Staffan Bensch and the Brewster award to Geoff Hill. Sara Morris was recognized for her service to the AOU with the Jenkinson award and Steven Kress was the recipient of the Schreiber Conservation Award. The Ned Johnson Young Investigator award was bestowed on Alex Jahn.
Migration route and stopovers: Do we really know the patterns? A recent paper in Waterbirds details information on migration, and maybe it is more idiosyncratic than we thought.
News & Announcements
- WOS to offer special workshop on mentoring at July 2015 AFO-SCO/SOC-WOS meeting Yesterday, 01:19 PM
- New Education Resources from the Encyclopedia of Life Yesterday, 09:01 AM
- Program R Workshop 28 October 2014
- Modeling Patterns and Dynamics of Species Occurrence 28 October 2014
- Zoology in the Cloud Forest 28 October 2014
- SERC fellowships available 27 October 2014
- James Smithson Fellowships 27 October 2014
- Corella and Australian Bird Bander back issues free online
- back issues of Ornitologia Neotropical available
- Bob Sargent, September 7
- Access recent research on birds of prey and vultures in Bird Conservation International
- Meeting: Species on the Move International Conference
- 2015 ESA Annual Meeting: Propose a Session for ESA's Centennial!
- 38th Waterbird Society and XIII CECAM Joint Meeting 04 Nov 2014
- Pacific Seabird Group 2015 19 Feb 2015
- Xth Neotropical Ornithological Congress (NOC) 01 Jul 2015
- WOS / AFO / SCO-SOC 2015 Joint Meeting 16 Jul 2015
- 5,746 Total Posts
- 2,575 Total Members
- CJ Vallee Newest Member
- 560 Most Online