What is the Ornithological Council and why should you support it?
The Ornithological Council is a great resource for ornithologists. We help researchers navigate the permit maze, address animal welfare concerns, publish the peer-reviewed Guidelines to the Use of Wild Birds in Research. The Ornithological Council is the voice of scientific ornithology. Learn more here!
Leaders of the AOU and COS formally approved pursuit of a merger of the two organizations at their annual meeting in Norman, Oklahoma. Both societies will be seeking input from their members as they take the necessary steps in this pursuit.
UPDATE: Sept. 22: AOU and COS leadership respond to inquiries from past COS presidents. Posted in the comments, below, with permission from the authors.
UPDATE Oct. 14: Society leadership reaches out to membership. See request for input below, under main article.
Highly pathogenic avian influenza: how it will affect ornithologists in Canada, the United States, and MexicoBy Ornithological CouncilWhen zoonotic disease makes the headlines, you can be sure your university is going to be concerned about what those crazy ornithologists are doing! Tell them, "Don't worry - I'm not planning to kiss any ducks!"
News & Announcements
- Game Theoretical Modeling of Evolution in Structured Populations, a NIMBioS Tutorial 18 November 2015
- FLAP wants sign-ons to protest Ontario law exempting building owners from liability for avian mortality 16 November 2015
- International Research Experiences for Students 16 November 2015
- CALL FOR RESEARCH MENTORS, OTS 13 November 2015
- Short Course: Bayesian Modeling for Socio-Environmental Data 10 November 2015
- Jed Burtt Mentoring Awards: 1 Dec deadline 05 November 2015
- REMINDER: DEADLINE FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS FOR NAOC DUE DEC.1 04 November 2015
- More back issues of Cotinga going online
- Call for Papers: Stable Isotopes in Zooarchaeology
- Abstracts due - Species on the Move conference
- Two New Joint Collections: Invasion Biology and Book Reviews
- Wilson Journal of Ornithology, June 2015 Table of Contents
- Meeting: Evolutionary Demography Society annual meeting
- Meeting: 6th North American Ornithological Conference
- Call for Proposals for Training Opportunities, Short Courses and Workshops - NAOC 2016
- NAOC 2016 call for symposia proposals
- 7,504 Total Posts
- 3,374 Total Members
- curt.burney Newest Member
- 560 Most Online