By Philip C StoufferWaterfront or mountain view? Why do Marbled Murrelets choose to nest where they do? A recent paper by Blake A. Barbaree and coauthors is highlighted by the editor of The Condor: Ornithological Applications.
By Mark HauberWichity witchity witchity: the song of the Common Yellowthroat carries a record of evolutionary change. A recent paper by Rachel T. Bolus is highlighted by the editor of The Auk: Ornithological Advances.
Feeding Behavior, Bird Visitation, and Seed Dispersal in Guarea macrophylla and Trichilia quadrijuga (Meliaceae)By Jack EitniearA recent paper in Ornitologia Neotropical by Federico A. Prado
details avian fruit consumption from two tropical trees. As with other similar studies it emphasizes the important relationship between birds and many tropical forest plants.
News & Announcements
- Register Now for Summer 2014 Field Ecology Courses at UM's Flathead Lake Biological Station Yesterday, 08:54 AM
- Loon Research and Conservation in North America 23 April 2014
- Spatial Modelling with INLA, workshop 22 April 2014
- Intermediate MARK Workshop | June 2014 22 April 2014
- Two-day sound analysis workshop (California) 21 April 2014
- AIBS Launches 4th Annual Faces of Biology Photo Contest 20 April 2014
- Sevilleta Field Station summer ecology courses 16 April 2014
- North American Banding Council Certification Opportunity 16 April 2014
- Common Yellowthroat song varies across geographic regions and among subspecies 14 April 2014
- Endangered Marbled Murrelets build both tree and ground nests 14 April 2014
- Abstract submission for AOU-COS-SCO 2014 (Estes Park, Sept) now OPEN
- Registration for AOU-COS-SCO (Estes Park, Sept. 2014) now OPEN
- Student Travel and Presentation Awards - AOU/COS/SCO-SOC Meeting
- AOU/COS/SCO 2014: Scientific program: deadlines, announcements, questions
- 4,803 Total Posts
- 2,262 Total Members
- tyler.hallman Newest Member
- 554 Most Online