What is the Ornithological Council and why should you support it?
The Ornithological Council is a great resource for ornithologists. We help researchers navigate the permit maze, address animal welfare concerns, publish the peer-reviewed Guidelines to the Use of Wild Birds in Research. The Ornithological Council is the voice of scientific ornithology. Learn more here!
At the annual meeting in Estes Park, the AOU presented the Coues award to Staffan Bensch and the Brewster award to Geoff Hill. Sara Morris was recognized for her service to the AOU with the Jenkinson award and Steven Kress was the recipient of the Schreiber Conservation Award. The Ned Johnson Young Investigator award was bestowed on Alex Jahn.
Migration route and stopovers: Do we really know the patterns? A recent paper in Waterbirds details information on migration, and maybe it is more idiosyncratic than we thought.
News & Announcements
- Course Introduction to Networks tools in Biosciences, April 20-24, 2015, Spain Yesterday, 04:37 PM
- Need for banding station collaboration! (yearly stipend possible) Yesterday, 08:30 AM
- Workshops during the upcoming Waterbirds Society / CECAM Joint Meeting in November 22 October 2014
- CIEE Tropical Ecology & Conservation, Undergrad Semester Programs 21 October 2014
- Panama January 2015 course: Zoology in the Cloud Forest 20 October 2014
- 2014 OTS Outstanding Student Paper Award 20 October 2014
- AOU/COS 2015 (Norman, Oklahoma): Call for symposia and workshop proposals 16 October 2014
- Corella and Australian Bird Bander back issues free online
- back issues of Ornitologia Neotropical available
- Bob Sargent, September 7
- Access recent research on birds of prey and vultures in Bird Conservation International
- Meeting: Species on the Move International Conference
- 2015 ESA Annual Meeting: Propose a Session for ESA's Centennial!
- 38th Waterbird Society and XIII CECAM Joint Meeting 04 Nov 2014
- Pacific Seabird Group 2015 19 Feb 2015
- Xth Neotropical Ornithological Congress (NOC) 01 Jul 2015
- WOS / AFO / SCO-SOC 2015 Joint Meeting 16 Jul 2015
- 5,715 Total Posts
- 2,568 Total Members
- axhertzel Newest Member
- 554 Most Online