By Ornithological CouncilThe FAA has proposed new regulations on the use of drones. Will you be able to use drones to study birds in the United States? Maybe not...
By Ornithological CouncilWild duck in Washington State found to have novel strain of H5N1 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza.
UPDATE 9 Feb 2015: Status of H5N1 in British Columbia.
UPDATE 19 Feb 2015: First published report available.
UPDATE 11 March 2015: H5N2 found in poultry flock in Minnesota, Missouri
UPDATE 14 March: H5N2 found in poultry flock in Kansas
UPDATE: 28 March 2015: H5N2 found in another flock in Minnesota
By Ornithological CouncilThe U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service plans to control incidental take of birds protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act via permits with conditions that require the use of measures to reduce or eliminate mortality. Ornithological research will be needed to determine the effectiveness of any particular measure!
By Ornithological CouncilFebruary is the time to file your permit applications. While you are at it - check your gear. Field season is right around the corner!
News & Announcements
- 2015 COS/AOU Meeting - Student/Post-doc Travel and Presentation Award Application Available Today, 08:13 AM
- Help Decipher the Mysteries of Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration! Yesterday, 08:28 AM
- New set of AOU Checklist proposals posted 28 March 2015
- Grant Applications Due in May/June 27 March 2015
- Roland Clement, March 2015 27 March 2015
- K.S. Lavkumar Khachar 1931-2015 27 March 2015
- AFO Avian Research Supplies and Biodiversity Research Institute team up 26 March 2015
- Roland Clement, March 2015
- K.S. Lavkumar Khachar 1931-2015
- Birds of North America full set available
- Landscape-Level Habitat Connectivity Is Key for Species That Depend on Longleaf Pine
- Meeting: Natural Areas Conference 2015
- Auk Ornithological Advances Editor's Choice: Study Confirms Feasibility of Tracking Parrots with GPS Telemetry
- St. John, NB – Digby, NS ferry schedule available
- 10 April: EXTENDED deadlines for abstracts & registration (now OPEN!)
- Nova Star ferry will be fully operational for meeting
- Student Travel Awards - DEADLINE Feb. 15!
- AOU/COS 2015 - abstracts due by May 3
- Registration for 2015 AOU/COS conference open! Early registration closes April 15
- AOU/COS 2015 (Norman, Oklahoma): Call for symposia and workshop proposals
- Xth Neotropical Ornithological Congress (NOC) 01 Jul 2015
- WOS / AFO / SCO-SOC 2015 Joint Meeting 16 Jul 2015
- Wilson Ornithological Society, Society of Canadian Ornithologists, Association of Field Ornithologists 2015 16 Jul 2015
- 2nd International Ornithological Congress of Southeast Asia (IOCSEA2015) 20 Jul 2015
- 6,392 Total Posts
- 2,943 Total Members
- veguitra Newest Member
- 560 Most Online