The House has passed an appropriations bill (H.R. 2578) for the Departments of Commerce, Justice, and Related Agencies with one unbelievable rider - it "enjoins" the use of appropriated funds for use in prosecuting or holding liable any corporation or person for a violation of section 2(a) of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
UPDATE 8 JULY: GREAT NEWS: The Duncan amendment is no more. It was removed from the CJS appropriations bill weeks ago and was never approved by the House Interior appropriations subcommittee. It was thought that he would try to introduce it when the full House considered the Interior appropriations bill, but he has not done so. There's more bird-blues on Capitol Hill still to come, including a provision that blocks ESA-listing of the Greater Sage-Grouse and Duncan's H.R. 493, which would amend the MBTA to preclude incidental take. Fortunately, H.R.493 is not moving and has few co-sponsors as Congress heads into the long August recess. If things change, we'll let you know so check back often.
Read full article for more info.
By Pete MarraAre you ready for NAOC VI? Keep up-to-date with announcements, deadlines, and more by visiting the website and registering for news and updates.
By Ornithological CouncilUSFWS takes first step towards possible regulation of incidental take of bird species protection under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act: will prepare a programmatic environmental impact statement
Full text of the notice and instructions for comments are here.
By Ornithological CouncilThe Ornithological Council is pleased to call for proposals for the 2015 round of grants to be made under the OC Small Grants Program.
El Consejo Ornitologíco se complace en la convocatoria de propuestas para el 2015 ronda de subvenciones que se harán en el marco del Programa de Pequeñas Subvenciones del OC.
News & Announcements
- Wilson Journal of Ornithology, June 2015 Table of Contents Yesterday, 11:34 AM
- OC comments on potential incidental take policy for MBTA species 24 July 2015
- NAWCA U.S. Small Grants 23 July 2015
- Learn about NSF Program Director opportunities at ESA 23 July 2015
- Meeting: Evolutionary Demography Society annual meeting 21 July 2015
- CAS President's International Fellowship Initiative (PIFI) 21 July 2015
- Walter C. "Stormy" Crawford Jr. 1945-2015 21 July 2015
- Canada immigration procedures/Global Entry travelers take note!
- No April Fooling - early reg and abstract submission end APRIL 10
- St. John, NB – Digby, NS ferry schedule available
- 10 April: EXTENDED deadlines for abstracts & registration (now OPEN!)
- Ride sharing to/from the Oklahoma City Airport
- Travel between airport and conference
- 2015 AOU/COS Silent Auction
- Workshop on parenting and being a scientist
- Radar Ornithology Workshop at the 2015 AOU/COS Conference
- 20th International Meeting of BirdsCaribbean 25 Jul 2015
- AOU / COS 2015 Joint Meeting Yesterday, 08:00 AM
- Waterbirds 2015: Challenges and Responses 11 Aug 2015
- European Ornithologists' Union 2015 Badajoz (Spain) 24 Aug 2015
- 6,985 Total Posts
- 3,194 Total Members
- kelli.moses Newest Member
- 560 Most Online