The House has passed an appropriations bill (H.R. 2578) for the Departments of Commerce, Justice, and Related Agencies with one unbelievable rider - it "enjoins" the use of appropriated funds for use in prosecuting or holding liable any corporation or person for a violation of section 2(a) of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
UPDATE JUNE 25: As feared, Duncan won't give up. He has now proposed an amendment to H.R.2822: ‘‘:Provided further, That none of such funds and appropriations may be used to enforce any prohibition under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act (16 U.S.C. 703 et seq.) or the Act of June 8, 1940 (chapter 278; 16 U.S.C. 668 et seq.; popularly known as the Bald Eagle Protection Act) on the accidental taking of birds, before the date of the issuance of a rule that exempts such takings from such prohibitions’’.
Read full article for more info.
By Pete MarraAre you ready for NAOC VI? Keep up-to-date with announcements, deadlines, and more by visiting the website and registering for news and updates.
By Ornithological CouncilUSFWS takes first step towards possible regulation of incidental take of bird species protection under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act: will prepare a programmatic environmental impact statement
Full text of the notice and instructions for comments are here.
By Ornithological CouncilThe Ornithological Council is pleased to call for proposals for the 2015 round of grants to be made under the OC Small Grants Program.
El Consejo Ornitologíco se complace en la convocatoria de propuestas para el 2015 ronda de subvenciones que se harán en el marco del Programa de Pequeñas Subvenciones del OC.
News & Announcements
- LORO PARQUE FUNDACION SUPPORT FOR PARROT IN-SITU CONSERVATION AND RESEARCH PROJECTS 03 July 2015
- Changes to the AOU Check-list of North American Birds 02 July 2015
- Songbird Banding Workshop, August 21 - 23, 2015 02 July 2015
- Raptor Banding Workshop, Intermountain Bird Observatory 02 July 2015
- REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE - Cedar Waxwing Behavior 30 June 2015
- PhD course - Ecology of Animal Migration - Lund, Sweden - November 2015 29 June 2015
- NABC Certification Session @ BBBO (Rochester NY) October 2-4, 2015 26 June 2015
- Bad News and Good News for Bird Nests at Reservoirs
- Songbirds Find Success Nesting in Introduced Shrubs
- Noble Proctor 1942- 2015
- Ruth Beck RIP 2015
- Arctic Ducks Combine Nutrients from Both Wintering and Breeding Grounds to Grow Healthy Eggs
- Meeting: Ecological Science at the Frontier: Celebrating ESA’s Centennial
- Canada immigration procedures/Global Entry travelers take note!
- No April Fooling - early reg and abstract submission end APRIL 10
- St. John, NB – Digby, NS ferry schedule available
- 10 April: EXTENDED deadlines for abstracts & registration (now OPEN!)
- Ride sharing to/from the Oklahoma City Airport
- Travel between airport and conference
- 2015 AOU/COS Silent Auction
- Workshop on parenting and being a scientist
- Radar Ornithology Workshop at the 2015 AOU/COS Conference
- 6,853 Total Posts
- 3,135 Total Members
- teskie.julie Newest Member
- 560 Most Online