By Ornithological CouncilWild duck in Washington State found to have novel strain of H5N1 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza. UPDATE 9 Feb 2015: Status of H5N1 in British Columbia. UPDATE 19 Feb 2015: First published report available.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service plans to control incidental take of birds protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act via permits with conditions that require the use of measures to reduce or eliminate mortality. Ornithological research will be needed to determine the effectiveness of any particular measure!
By Ornithological CouncilFebruary is the time to file your permit applications. While you are at it - check your gear. Field season is right around the corner!
By Carla CiceroNew site is a gateway to AOU and COS and the many resources and benefits they offer
News & Announcements
- Wildlife Without Borders-South America (USFWS Division of International Conservation) Yesterday, 04:10 PM
- Symposium on Conservation and Disease, May 4-6, 2015 Yesterday, 08:52 AM
- Meeting: Natural Areas Conference 2015 Yesterday, 08:32 AM
- Biology/Ecology FIELD CLASSES in the heart of the Great Lakes Yesterday, 08:26 AM
- Ecology and Conservation of Migratory Birds. 04 March 2015
- 2015 Bloom-Hays Grant 04 March 2015
- Nest Camera Research Survey 03 March 2015
- Meeting: Natural Areas Conference 2015
- Auk Ornithological Advances Editor's Choice: Study Confirms Feasibility of Tracking Parrots with GPS Telemetry
- Auk Ornithological Advances - Editor's Choice: Study Confirms Feasibility of Tracking Parrots with GPS Telemetry
- 2015 ESA Annual Meeting: Propose a Session for ESA's Centennial!
- Avian Conservation and Ecology New Issue Announcement - Vol. 9 Issue 2
- **Abstracts due Feb 1** BES Symposium "Demography Beyond the Population"
- Nova Star ferry will be fully operational for meeting
- Full Meeting Announcement and Call for Papers posted here!
- Student Travel Awards - DEADLINE Feb. 15!
- Special workshop on mentoring
- Abstract submission - deadline April 1
- Xth Neotropical Ornithological Congress (NOC) 01 Jul 2015
- WOS / AFO / SCO-SOC 2015 Joint Meeting 16 Jul 2015
- Wilson Ornithological Society, Society of Canadian Ornithologists, Association of Field Ornithologists 2015 16 Jul 2015
- 2nd International Ornithological Congress of Southeast Asia (IOCSEA2015) 20 Jul 2015
- 6,267 Total Posts
- 2,885 Total Members
- ksuamy20 Newest Member
- 560 Most Online