Editor's Choice, Ornitologia Neotropical: Nocturnal Bird Migration In Mexico: First Records From Marine RadarBy Jack Clinton EitniearA recent paper in Ornitologia Neotropical by Sergio A. Cabrera-Cruz, Todd J. Mabee, & Rafael Villegas Patraca describes the migration of Nearctic-Neotropical birds along the Pacific side of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec in Oaxaca, Mexico.
The days of free USGS-issued banding permits and bands may soon be coming to an end. Learn why ...
By Ellen PaulOrnithological Council and American Society of Mammalogists develop model protocol form for wildlife research...released in beta for feedback from researchers, animal care and use committee members, institutional officials, and others, this form is designed specifically for wildlife research conducted either in the field or in captivity. First question: Is this protocol even required?
UPDATE 13 Feb 2014: Slightly modified document; changes made in response to comments from the staff of the NIH Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare. Note that OLAW will hold a webinar about this model protocol on 20 March 2014 at 12:30 Eastern. Be sure to notify your IACUC members!
News & Announcements
- Call for Applications: Evolutionary Quantitative Genetics, a NIMBioS Tutorial Today, 11:31 AM
- Graduate Workshop on Environmental Data Analytics (July 28 – August 1, 2014, Boulder, CO) Yesterday, 11:40 AM
- WJO, December 2013 Table of Contents Yesterday, 09:18 AM
- AFO-WOS 2014 Student Travel Awardees 09 March 2014
- Bloom-Hays Ecological Research Grant Deadline Approaching 09 March 2014
- Invitation for book reviewers for Wilson Journal of Ornithology 09 March 2014
- Editor's Choice, Ornitologia Neotropical: Nocturnal Bird Migration In Mexico: First Records From Marine Radar 07 March 2014
- March 2014 Wingspan now available 07 March 2014
- AOU-COS seeking bird photos for new website 06 March 2014
- Volunteers sought for Great Lakes Marsh Monitoring Program 05 March 2014
- MLSG Inaugural Meeting 26 Mar 2014
- BOU14 – Ecology and conservation of birds in alpine and upland habitats 01 Apr 2014
- 13th North American Crane Workshop 14 Apr 2014
- AFO-WOS 2014 Joint Meeting 28 May 2014
- 4,585 Total Posts
- 2,229 Total Members
- rebekah.mayhew Newest Member
- 554 Most Online